In today’s rapidly changing tech landscape, it’s more important than ever for leaders to have a robust talent strategy in place. With new technologies emerging all the time and the skills gap widening, companies need to be able to quickly and efficiently find, train, and deploy qualified talent.
Luckily, GenSpark is a leading provider of HTD services for the tech industry. GenSpark works with companies to identify their talent needs, develop training programs, and recruit and train qualified candidates. GenSpark’s HTD model has helped companies to quickly and efficiently build a workforce that has the skills and knowledge they need to succeed.
Follow along as we dive deeper into the advantages of the HTD model over traditional hiring practices and how GenSpark can help solve your tech talent needs.
What is HTD?
HTD is a workforce placement model that involves hiring individuals, training them in the specific skills required for the job, and then deploying them to work on projects. HTD can be used to address a variety of talent challenges, including:
- The skills gap: The tech industry is facing a growing skills gap, with more open positions than qualified candidates to fill them. HTD can help companies to fill these gaps by training individuals with the skills they need, even if they don’t have a traditional tech background.
- The need for agility: The tech industry is constantly evolving, and companies need to be able to adapt quickly. HTD allows companies to train employees in new skills and technologies as needed, so that they can stay ahead of the curve.
- The need for diversity: Companies are increasingly recognizing the importance of having a diverse workforce. HTD can help companies to build a more diverse workforce by opening job opportunities to individuals who may not have a traditional tech background.
Why is HTD so important for tech roles in 2024?
The tech industry is expected to continue to grow rapidly in 2024, and the demand for skilled tech workers will only increase. This means that companies will need to be more creative and innovative in their approaches to hiring and retaining talent.
HTD is a great way for companies to address the talent challenges they are facing. It allows companies to build a workforce that is skilled, agile, and diverse. Here are some specific benefits of using HTD for tech roles in 2024:
- Increased hiring pool: By hiring individuals who may not have a traditional tech background, companies can expand their pool of potential candidates. This can be especially helpful in competitive markets where there is a shortage of qualified candidates.
- Reduced hiring costs: HTD can help companies to reduce their hiring costs by training individuals internally rather than having to hire experienced candidates from the outside.
- Improved employee retention: Employees who are trained and developed by their company are more likely to stay with the company for the long term. This can help companies to reduce turnover and build a more stable workforce.
- Increased productivity: Employees who have the skills and training they need are more likely to be productive. This can lead to increased revenue and profitability for the company.
How to implement an HTD strategy
If you are considering implementing an HTD strategy, there are a few key things you need to do:
- Identify your hiring needs: What tech roles do you need to fill? What skills and experience do you require?
- Develop a training program: Once you know what skills and experience you need, you need to develop a training program, or partner with a training provider, that will teach employees those skills. The training program should be tailored to the specific needs of your company and the roles you are hiring for.
- Hire individuals with potential: When hiring for HTD roles, you should focus on finding individuals with potential, even if they don’t have all of the skills and experience you are looking for. You can teach them the skills they need through your training program.
- Deploy employees effectively: Once employees have completed the training program, you need to deploy them effectively. This means placing them in roles where they can use their newly acquired skills and contribute to the company’s success.
With GenSpark, you can quickly and efficiently find, train, and deploy qualified talent, including early-to-mid career talent. GenSpark works with our clients to identify their talent needs, hire individuals with high potential, and train them in the specific skills required for the job. GenSpark also provides ongoing support and development to its employees, helping them to stay ahead of the curve and succeed in their careers.
Here are some specific reasons why your company should take advantage of GenSpark’s HTD model:
- Industry-leading success metrics: GenSpark has a proven track record of success serving Fortune 500 companies, with a 97% client success rate and 96% retention rate.
- Reduced time to productivity: GenSpark’s HTD model allows companies to get new employees up and running quickly. This is because GenSpark employees are already trained in the specific skills required for the job.
- Improved employee retention: GenSpark’s HTD model shows employees that the company is committed to their development and success. This leads to higher employee retention rates.
- Increased agility: GenSpark’s HTD model allows companies to quickly and easily scale up their workforce as needed with accelerated training. This helps companies to be more agile and adaptable to change.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion: GenSpark is committed to building a more diverse and inclusive tech workforce. Over 76% of GenSparker’s are from underrepresented groups.
HTD is a critical talent strategy for tech roles in 2024. It can help companies to address the skills gap, build a more agile and diverse workforce, and reduce hiring and training costs. If you are not already using HTD, we strongly encourage you to consider implementing it in your company.
At GenSpark, we champion the HTD strategy to provide our clients with a diverse, talented workforce that can save them money while hiring a diverse and talented workforce. If your company is looking to build a workforce that is ready for the future, GenSpark is the perfect partner for you.
If you want to learn more about our hire-train-deploy model, fill out the form, and let’s connect!